Driving a car is one of the most common routines of an individual’s everyday life. However, meeting with a car accident is something that none of the individual desire to experience. But because of several reasons car accident can be seen occurring commonly these days. Sometimes it can be due to the negligence of the car driver and other times it can be the mistake of a pedestrian.
Furthermore, there are several accident cases which are so serious that they require the help of car accident lawyers. The accident can be so severe that the injured person might need intense medical treatment.
injuries an individual can face due to a car accident include:
- Broken bones
- Slipped disc
- Injury at neck and back
- On the spot death o Broken Bones
What should you do if you’ve been in an accident?
- Interchange information with another party who is involved in the accident. People generally forget to do this because of the injuries or their unwillingness to help. But still, it is important that the proper exchange of information takes place.
- It is also essential to get a police report copy. This will be big evidence and proof of whatever happened with you. Also, if you are hiring a lawyer, he will easily able to prove who was at fault.
- You should inform the insurance company about your accident. This is important because if you are injured and the injury involves intense medical treatment, you need to get a claim from your insurance company.
- It is also important to see a doctor after a car accident. Although you think that your injury is minor still getting diagnosed is important because sometimes internal injuries can also cause severe problem afterwards.
- If the injury is a serious and you need compensation and claim, hiring a Portland car accident lawyer is advised. There is a need to keep an experienced and highly professional car accident lawyer by your side because it will never be easy to get compensation from other party and claim from the insurance company on your own.
You should not:
- You should never make statements that can come back to you at some point in time. Also, don’t talk about any fact regarding the car accident which proves to be wrong after the investigation because this will not help you getting compensation at all.
- Do not hesitate while giving your insurance company the information related to your accident. Try to be honest with the company because if you will try to cheat the company, chances of your receiving help from them can reduce.
- if you have hired Portland car accident lawyers do everything according to his guidance. Do not sign any document if you are not completely aware of it. Do not get into pressure assigning anything which can be risky for you afterwards.
- Do not accept any kind of settlement from the insurance company or guilty party before asking your lawyer. if your injuries are really serious getting less compensation will not help you at all.
These are some of the do’s and don’ts which an individual is required to follow if he ever met with a car accident.