Car maintenance is critical if you want to keep your car working in excellent condition – for years to come. Despite their sturdy appearance, cars can actually be quite delicate. You can think of the engine of a car like one big handmade clock – each part makes another part work. Also, there are certain fluids and chemicals that allow all those parts work together seamlessly. For instance, you want to make sure that you replace your break pads at least once a year and you want to make sure your vehicle has plenty of oil. Not maintaining your vehicle could lead to some expensive repairs in the future. Here are five car maintenance tips to extend the life of your vehicle.
- Get your oil changed every 3000 miles. Making sure that your car not only has plenty of oil, but that the oil is replaced every 3000 miles is critical to keeping your engine working in optimal condition. Not having enough oil in your vehicle can cause friction in the engine, which will ultimately destroy the engine. If the engine oil is dirty, it can still cause significant damage.
- Make sure to have your tires rotated. It is important to have your tires rotated every couple of months or so. The reason for this is simple: you want to make sure that each tire gets an even amount of wear and tear. Overtime, our tires become worn down, but by rotating them, we can prevent one tire from getting more worn down than the rest. This can effectively allow your car to hold on to its tires for longer.
- Check your air filter. The air filtration system in your engine keeps the whole apparatus working in optimal condition. A dirty air filter can cause all sort of problems in your engine. Not only that, but a filter is vital when it comes to having more fuel efficiency and to increase the life of your engine oil. Replacing the filter is also incredibly easy and affordable, but not doing anything about it can cost you a tremendous amount of money down the line. If you want to avoid these costly problems, simply swap out your old air filter for a new one.
- Don’t tow anything beyond your vehicle’s capacity. When it comes down to it, you never want to tow a trailer that is too heavy for your vehicle, because it can increase the chances of an injurious collision. If you need towing tips, or if you want to find out how much your vehicle can tow, you can head to Westcott Towbars and use the special calculator to find out.
- Always make sure your vehicle has the proper fluids. From window washing fluid to break fluid, and especially transmission fluid, you want to make sure that your car has the right levels. Without these basic fluids, your vehicle could be in really bad shape. So, make sure to always keep an eye on your levels and fill fluids whenever your vehicle needs it. If you ever fail to do any of teh tips mentioned you can always visit this website for towing and roadside assistance company in Canada.